Agencies & Distribution
We advise on all types of agencies, including the more regulated type of commercial agencies, as well as distributions.
Lawyers at Trench & Associates DMCC have experience in drafting all types of agency and distribution agreements and pay particular attention to aspects such as passing of title and risk and retention of title and other matters such as liens, transportation of goods and shipping.
We advise on all types of contractual and corporate joint ventures and shareholder relationships, including partnerships, collaboration and other types of joint participation.
We have experience in drafting and negotiating all types of domestic and cross-border joint venture agreements.
We advise on all types of franchise arrangements from the restaurant / bar franchising arrangements to the less conventional franchising schemes.
We advise on all types of arrangements that entail outsourcing or delegating management responsibilities, including hotel and other residential and office management arrangements.
Trade, Retail and E-commerce
We advise on all trade, sale of goods and services and other types of dealings including hire purchase and leasing for large machinery and consumer products.
We have experience in documenting such arrangements, including dealings and arrangements with shopping centres and malls and other shop-in-shop arrangements, as well as advising on e-commerce generally not only in the UAE but throughout the GCC.
We advise on all hospitality, vacation and tourism matters, including shopping centres and malls, restaurants, clubs and theme parks.
We advise on music and sport, branding, promotion and licensing, film and TV finance, production and distribution, crew and talent agreements, content acquisition and licensing, art and other collectibles acquisition and disposal (including auctions) and related dispute resolution.
- Acting in the settlement and sale of a renowned medical practitioner’s health clinics to a global healthcare equity fund.
- Advising, drafting and negotiating a large Abu Dhabi company on several cross border Franchise and Distribution Agreements with US, Pakistan and Indian entities.
- Advising a major local franchise entity on a proposed frozen yoghurt and dairy brand franchise in the GCC.
- Assisting in the advising and drafting of several reciprocal agreements of one of the world’s largest domain name providers relocation to the UAE. Together with a review of the operating Terms and Conditions so as to comply with the laws of the UAE.
- Advising and reviewing a Franchise Agreement for the establishment of an Educational College from a market leading educational service provider.
- Advising a prospective Franchisee in respect of a Franchise of a renowned Italian restaurant chain in Dubai.
- Advising a global events company in respect of their activities with non-governmental and governmental entities throughout the UAE, Qatar and Europe.
- Advising and assisting a market leading gourmet food stores on all aspects of its continued expansions in the UAE.
- Advising on the establishment of hotels in the UAE, Tanzania and China.
- Advising on the establishment of a 4 star hotel chain in China.
- Advising owners on the establishment of Four Seasons, Radisson SAS, Taj and Golden Tulip hotels.
- Advising and assisting the setting up of a Pizza Franchise.
- Advising on the acquisition of a chain of UAE restaurants, juice bars and coffee shops.
- Advising on a chain of Middle East food outlets.
- Advising on the acquisition of a sport and leisure center
- Advised on a Park set up and operation, including restructuring.
- Advised on a multi-national fireworks, light and sound show company in respect of their contracts both in the UAE and Egypt.
- Providing advice on UAE corporate issues to global telecom operator.
- Advising a global Japanese bookstore chain, on their establishment within Dubai including advice on complex licensing issues.
- Advising international book publishers, on matters involving copyright infringement in the GCC.