Agencies & Distribution
Trench & Associates DMCC advises on all types of agencies, including the more regulated type of commercial agencies, as well as distributions. Lawyers at Trench & Associates DMCC have experience in drafting all types of agency and distribution agreements and pay particular attention to aspects such as passing of title and risk and retention of title and other matters such as liens, transportation of goods and shipping.
We advise on all types of contractual and corporate joint ventures and shareholder relationships, including partnerships, collaboration and other types of joint participation. We have experience in drafting and negotiating all types of domestic and cross-border joint venture agreements.
We advise on all types of franchise arrangements from the restaurant / bar franchising arrangements to the less conventional franchising schemes.
We advise on all types of arrangements that entail outsourcing or delegating management responsibilities, including hotel and other residential and office management arrangements.
Trade, retail and e-commerce
We advise on all trade, sale of goods and services and other types of dealings including hire purchase and leasing for large machinery and consumer products. We have experience in documenting such arrangements, including dealings and arrangements with shopping centres and malls and other shop-in-shop arrangements, as well as advising on e-commerce generally not only in the UAE but throughout the GCC.
We advise on all hospitality, vacation and tourism matters, including shopping centres and malls, restaurants, clubs and themed parks.
We advise on music and sport, branding, promotion and licensing, film and TV finance, production and distribution, crew and talent agreements, content acquisition and licensing, art and other collectibles acquisition and disposal (including auctions) and related dispute resolution.
We advise on the registrability and assist with the registration process of all registrable intellectual property anywhere in the world.
We advise on all aspects of protection, processing and cross border transfer of data whether in accordance with UK data protection legislation or legislation in force.
We are able to take urgent action against parties infringing rights of registered Trademark/ Copyright holders including requests to the authorities for seizure and, in some cases, destruction of the items bearing infringing trademarks, issuing of fines, and civil court action which can result in the award of compensation. In such cases, we draft legal notices and are involved in raids and investigations into sources and origins.
We advise clients on civil litigation to enforce their rights, including attachment proceedings and actions for compensation. It should also be borne in mind that the Police and the Public Prosecution can launch criminal proceedings against infringing parties, which can result in fines and/or imprisonment.
- Advising, drafting and negotiating a large Abu Dhabi company on several cross border Franchise and Distribution Agreements with US, Pakistan and Indian entities.
- Advising a major local franchise entity on a proposed frozen yoghurt and dairy brand franchise in the GCC.
- Assisting in the advising and drafting of several reciprocal agreements of one of the world’s largest domain name providers relocate to the UAE. Together with a review of the operating Terms and Conditions so as to comply with the laws of the UAE.
- Advising and reviewing a Franchise Agreement for the establishment of an Educational College from a market leading educational service provider.
- Advising a prospective Franchisee in respect of a Franchise of a renowned Italian restaurant chain in Dubai.
- Advising a home grown pizza restaurant in registration of its intellectual property and assisting them in developing their franchise model;
- Advising a global events company in respect of their activities with non-governmental and governmental entities throughout the UAE, Qatar and Europe.
- Advising on the establishment of hotels in the UAE, Tanzania and China.
- Advising on the establishment of a 4 star hotel chain in China.
- Advising owners on the establishment of Four Seasons, Kempinski, Radisson SAS, Taj and Golden Tulip and other large hotel management companies.
- Advised on a multi-national fireworks, light and sound show company in respect of their contracts both in the UAE and Egypt.
- Advising international book publishers, on matters involving copyright infringement in the GCC.