Trench & Associates DMCC advises clients on all arbitration procedures and conduct arbitration proceedings on their behalf in a variety of jurisdictions, both domestic and international. We have represented clients in DIAC, LCIA, ADCCAC, ICC, and ad hoc arbitrations. We frequently advise a number of international clients and law firms on the local laws, where the parties have chosen to have their disputes governed by the laws of the UAE.
We advise on all aspects of litigation, such as Civil, Commercial, Criminal, Banking, Corporate, Construction, Insurance, Rental, Real Estate; and Employment, having good and strong relationships with specialist barristers (in London) and advocates (Emirates-wide) to ensure that our clients are given the best representation possible.
Statement of Experience
- Successfully assisted various clients in having a DIAC arbitral award recognised and enforced; or annulled by Dubai Courts.
- Represented a property developer in relation to several cases through the Courts of Dubai and Abu Dhabi in relation to the enforcement of arbitral awards in Dubai and Abu Dhabi courts.
- Represented a client in defending an arbitration claim in an engineering consultancy dispute before the Sharjah International Commercial Arbitration Centre.
- Assisted an international law firm in an ICC – Paris arbitration by advising on the relevant UAE law provisions applicable to their dispute.
- Assisted an international law firm in a DIAC arbitration by advising on the relevant UAE law provisions applicable to their dispute and preparing a UAE law report for submission to the Tribunal on behalf of the firm’s client.
- Assisting a client in commencing Dubai Court proceedings against a property developer for a reduction in the agreed-upon purchase price, due to the fact that the delivered units were not in accordance with the agreed -upon specifications.
- Assisted a few clients in successfully enforcing sale of shares agreements in various UAE Courts.
- Represented Contractor and/or sub-contractor clients in DIAC arbitration proceedings against the main contractor in relation to unpaid final invoices; or vice versa.
- Advised a client in respect of one of the most extensive and multi-jurisdictional litigious cases ever to come before and be heard by civil courts. Assisted When repercussions occurred ten years after settlement; and assisted the client in achieving harmony amongst the members of the international conglomerate when repercussions occurred some ten years after settlement.
- Advised various regional companies in regard to former senior employees’ breaches of non-compete, non-circumvention agreements and disclosure of trade secrets.
- Assisted many local entities in protecting their intellectual property rights; and representing them before the Ministry of Economy.
- Successfully assisted a client in negotiating a favourable payment plan with a regional bank further to the bank’s breach of the significant loan agreement of relevance.
- Advising employers in the UAE in regard to breach of contract, termination procedures, disciplinary actions; and end-of-service benefit calculations.
- Assisting both landlords and tenants in Dubai in regard to rental disputes relating to their tenancy contracts; and representing them before the Dubai Land Department’s Rental Disputes Center.